" Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid " - Albert Einstein
Psychological counselling aims to help people manage their difficulties and transform personal problems into their personal growth. The Department of Counselling, Delhi Public School (Bopal), aims at helping our students understand and accept themselves "as they are". It is an established fact that in the coming five years, India shall bear the largest youngest population - this young generation is dynamic, energetic, creative and resourceful provided they are directed and guided towards constructive paths. The major objective of our counselling services is to empower students with the power to acknowledge and exercise their choices on the basis of consequences. Our services include personal student counselling for emotional, educational, vocational, interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships and developmental concerns. The department also engages in an exhaustive value-based life skills program which is imparted to students through activity mode along with workshops and seminars for students and parents. We strive to:
1. To give the student information on matters important to success.
2. To get information about student which will be of help in solving his problems.
3. To establish a feeling of mutual understanding between student-teacher as well as student- parent.
4. To help the student work out a plan for solving his difficulties.
5. To help the student know himself better-his interests, abilities, aptitudes, and opportunities.
6. To encourage and develop special abilities and right attitudes.
7. To inspire successful endeavour toward attainment.
8. To assist the student in planning for educational and vocational choices.